From Macbeth to Julius Ceaser and Othello, we know William Shakespeare as the world's greatest dramatist or the writer of English Literature.
Here are a few facts about Shakespeare that you probably didn't know:
1. William Shakespeare was baptised at Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-Upon-Avon on 26 April 1564.
2. The legendary started writing from 1589. He's written a total of 154 sonnets, 37 plays and a number of poems. Additionally, he also collaborated in a number of 'lost plays'.
3. His last play 'The Two Noble Kinsmen' was written in 1613, at the age of 49.
4. Apart from writing many plays and sonnets, Shakespeare was also an actor, playing the role of the Ghost in 'Hamlet' and Adam in 'As You Like It'
5. He had his own personal style - of wearing a golden hoop earring in his left ear, as depicted in the Chandos portrait - one of the famous portraits of Shakespeare.
Know more: Shakespeare a.k.a 'The Bard'
Writers from Perform Australia contribute to these posts